Once only known as a place for retirees, the Sunshine State is now a hotspot for active workers as well. Thanks to rapid FL economic development, more businesses are moving far south.
What Are the Advantages of Moving Your Business to Florida?
One of the biggest concerns for any business is tax liability. A Florida move could help companies pocket more profits since the state has the 4th best tax environment in the US.
Domestic transportation is a breeze due to:
- Interstate 9 – runs from Miami to New England
- Interstate 4 – connects various Florida cities
- 13 International Airports – Volusia County’s airport is hosted by a leading aerospace university.
Attract ideal candidates with a list of local recreational activities including the Daytona 500, football teams, a visit to NASA, beach access, year-round warm weather, and more.
A house near the beach does not have to break the bank since Florida has some of the most affordable housing markets in the US. Employees and business owners also have more personal take-home pay thanks to no state taxes.
What Types of Industry are Currently in the Area?
- Aerospace & Aviation – several airports in the area
- Leaders in Life Sciences
- Hundreds of manufacturing companies
- Distribution services – interstate, airports, and sea access make export/import convenient.
- Motion picture production – beaches, tax breaks, and unique architecture in local cities are perfect for filming.
Whether you export goods, dream of being an astronaut, or are scouting for locations to film your next documentary, consider how FL economic development can work to your business advantage. If you want to learn more about moving your business to Florida, check out TeamVolusia for more information.